Saturday, September 21, 2019

Operation 36 comes to Champions Golf Learning Center

Golf professional Kayla Sciupider has brought the national golf program Operation 36 to Champions Golf Learning Facility. This summer, ** people from ages ** to ** participated in the program with Kayla for the ** week program with consisted of weekly clinics and some matches at Crooked Creek Golf Course. The objective is to shoot a score of 36 in 9 holes beginning within 25 yards of the green. Once individual golfers achieve this goal they move back 25 yards and begin at 50 yards from the hole and again try to achieve a score of 36. As the website says, "Start close to the hole, try to shoot 36, and back up!"  Rather than competing with others, golfers are working to improve their skills and challenging themselves. This summer, 45 people, both children and adults participated in the program. Adult participant Jamey Freeman said, "I loved it! My skills improved and I was able to achieve the 100 yard marker by the end of the program. I wasn't intimidated by competing with peers, but I was able to participate and have fun while I improved my score!" A Fall 2019 Operation 36 program has just begun. Learn more by calling Mary at 828-698-1234 or on the website: https://operation36.golf/about-us/


No comments:

Post a Comment